Kent Motoring World
- 01622 600295 | 07754 818070
- 110 Upper Stone Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6HD
Frequently Asked Questions
BUYING A CAR:
- What will I need to bring with me when buying a car?
- Proof of ID (driving license or passport)
- What is the buyers fee for?
- We charge an administration fee on all vehicles, this covers administrative and documentation costs pertaining to that specific vehicle.
- What are HPI checks?
- HPI checks are provided with each of our cars. They check for important information such as whether the car is stolen, has outstanding finance on it, or has been in a declared accident.
- Can I purchase the vehicle online?
- We do not currently sell over the internet, please come down to our branch to view our extensive range of vehicles!
- Can I make a deposit on a car?
- Yes of course. We highly recommend viewing the vehicle before placing any form of deposit. Please note, this is a non refundable part payment towards that vehicle.
- How long do I have to collect the car once I've made a deposit?
- We hold the vehicle for up to 7 days once you have made a deposit.
- Can I drive away the car on the same day?
- Yes. All of our vehicles are prepped ready to drive away. If, however, you are going through finance, you need to be on site by 3pm in order to take the car the same day.
- Do your vehicles come with any warranty?
- We are so confident in our vehicles that we provide 3 months free warranty on every vehicle we sell. This does not affect your statutory rights. There is an option to purchase an extended 1, 2 or 3-year warranty at the point of sale.
- What does the warranty cover?
- Our warranty covers all major mechanical and electrical components in case of sudden mechanical breakdown. Parts and Labour are included such as engine, gearbox, transmissions, suspension, as well as smaller items such as electric windows and central locking. Please see our warranty page for more details. Please note this is only available in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- How old do I need to be to apply for finance?
- You must be 18 years or older.
- What do I need to bring with me to finance a car?
- Recent Bank Statements (within last 3 months)
- Recent Utility Bill (within last 3 months)
- Bank account details (Name, Account Number, Sort Code)
- Your driving license (UK or EU)
- Passport (as a secondary form of ID)
- Can I get finance elsewhere and then purchase the vehicle?
- We do accept external finance, however, there is an admin fee of £199 for processing and documentation to the third party finance company.
- Can I drive away on the same day if I'm buying through finance?
- Certainly! Please be on site before 3pm to ensure there is enough time to process the application.
- I have been living abroad, can I still apply for finance?
- If you have 3 years unbroken residency within the United Kingdom you can apply for finance.
- Do you take part exchange?
- Yes! We will part exchange cars.
- What do I need to bring with me when part exchanging my car?
- You will need to bring all of your documents for the car including, V5 (logbook), service history, MOT certificate and the spare key (if you have one). If you do not have the red V5 logbook with you, please contact us.
- Can I part exchange my vehicle if it already owes finance?
- Yes. The remaining balance will go on the finance for the car that you will be purchasing from us
- What payments methods do you accept?
- We accept many forms of payments, these are:
- Debit Card
- Bank Transfer